Every year we publish the Top 5 productivity secrets for PowerPoint based on our work with management consultants and the Big 4. Here are our 5 favorites for 2015:
Use Ctrl in combination with the mouse
Quick Access Toolbar
The Quick Access Toolbar entries:
- can always be clicked, no matter which Ribbon menu is selected
- can be triggered by keyboard shortcut: ALT+1, ALT+2 etc.
Add the most needed PowerPoint functions:
- Right click any button
- Click “Add to Quick Access Toolbar”
Align to the slide
To quickly align a shape to the slide:
- Select the item
- Click “Align Center” (or any other)
If only one shape or group is selected, the alignment buttons will move the shape relative to the slide (instead of relative to the other objects).
This is especially useful to center content on the slide.
Reset Layout to restore formatting
Remember the pain when somebody changed the title font color or removed the subtitle Placeholder? Next time:
- Click “Reset”
Resetting restores the formatting of your Placeholders to match the definition in the master.
Use groups to fill the workspace
Grouping shapes is great for moving and scaling them together.
To make your slides look really nice:
- “Group” all elements per column
- Move the left- and right-most to the workspace border
- Select all groups
- Click “Distribute Horizontally”