- Move Facebook chat into your browser’s sidebar: This one is only useful for Firefox users, but if you are in that group, then you should pay attention. Instead of having to switch between tabs or windows to chat, you can actually put the chat window as a sidebar, freeing you up to do other things while you chat at the same time. Click Bookmarks => Organize Bookmarks => New Bookmark. Fill in the fields as follows:
- Schedule Facebook messages ahead of time: Tools like Sendible allow you to plan when you will update your page without you having to be online at that time. This means that you can set up a whole slew of updates that keep your page active, but you don’t have to devote much time to it. This means that you can schedule your messages for the week and then spend the rest of that week working on the other important stuff you need to get done.
- Get rid of ads: With Facebook: Cleaner, you can hide the annoying ads and sponsored stories that show up in your newsfeed despite your best attempts to ignore them. This tool is great for keeping your Facebook experience free of distracting clutter, so that you can stay focused on the task at hand.
- Automatically share blog posts on your wall: WordPress has a plugin available to allow you to automatically post your blog on your Facebook wall. It’s called Wordbooker and is highly rated by users. Save time by not having to go through all those pesky Share buttons to promote what you’ve written lately.
- Update your status from Firefox: Again for Firefox users only, you can update your Facebook status without leaving the page you are on. By using a simple add-on called FireStatus, you can quickly and easily update all of your social networks, not just Facebook. It also lets you know when others are updating by providing you with popups, so it’s like being on Facebook without actually being on Facebook. Win.
Name: Facebook Chat (or whatever you want to call it)
Check the box that says, “Load this bookmark in the sidebar” and press “OK.” Then click View => Sidebar => Bookmarks. You should be good to go!