“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” -Dale Carnegie
This article is about having some fun on your computer using keyboard shortcut keys. It’s time to let your hair down, put your feet up the table, and just do something cool and fun to relieve some stress. Believe it or not, there are a couple of ways to have fun on most popular software programs. We’ll show you a couple of ways to play pranks on your close friends with a few keyboard strokes. When trying these out on your pals, we suggest you capture it on video so you can replay the hilarity anytime. So here they are:
- Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow. This key command can magically rotate your monitor screens to 180 degrees. It would be very interesting to see someone try to log in to their PC and be surprised by an upside down screen. It would be pretty funny to see someone get dumbfounded by this shortcut. But do keep in mind is that this key only works with computers who have Intel graphics chipsets and may not work on all PCs.
- Left Alt + Left Shift + Print Screen. This amusing shortcut is a great way to both irritate and puzzle your friends; this command turns on the high contrast visibility setting on any computer set.
- Ctrl + F4. You can use this shortcut to sneak-up and wreck havoc on your pals who are working on just about any MS Office program. This shortcut immediately exits the document that is currently running and will most probably upset the victim. So be ready to run away just in case he or she gets violent.
- Windows + M. This command is a bit more advanced than the one above, because aside from shutting your current program, it also closes all your opened programs in a blink of an eye. Again, be ready to run or to defend yourself when executing this prank.
- Windows + D then Alt + F4 then press enter. This command is at the top rung when it comes to instantly closing programs. What does it do? Well, it just closes any version of windows as soon as you enter the shortcut, which makes it a very effective pal irritant.
- Ctrl + H. If you are at your friend’s place and have access to his or her computer, you can use this keyboard shortcut to get easy access to his or her browsing history. Be warned though, that this can reveal way too much information about your friend, so be ready for anything before trying this out.
- Left Alt + Left Shift then enter. This command will make your Num Lock key beep every time it is pressed. It doesn’t do any harm but it can make your friend’s computer seem broken by giving off an odd beep.
- Windows key + “+” then Ctrl + Alt + F. This shortcut makes your screen bigger, which can annoy users who prefer a certain screen size.
- PRT SC, Ctrl+V to make an unclick-able desktop. Press “Print Screen” on your keyboard (PRT SC) to make a screenshot of your desktop. Now go to Paint and Paste using (Ctrl+V). You will now have an image of your desktop which you must then save to your PC (not on your desktop) and save it as BMP. You’ll now have the file like this: C:/Desktop.bmp. Next, right-click on your desktop and select Properties. Select the tab Desktop and click Browse… Navigate to your screenshot and press OK to set it as your background. Right-click your desktop again and navigate to “Arrange icons by” and uncheck “Show desktop icons”. Your icons are now effectively unclickable, and the next user will probably give up in frustration.
- Windows key + “+” then windows key + “-” then Ctrl + Alt + I. This shortcut can turn the colors on your monitor screen upside down; it’s another great prank to make it seem that the computer is busted.
Enjoy playing pranks on your friends with these cool keyboard shortcuts. This just proves that using keyboard shortcuts not only improve your productivity, but your overall coolness as well.