WordPress has jumped on the keyboard shortcuts bandwagon by releasing a few hotkeys to make your blogging experience more streamlined. By the way, they’ve also beefed up the stats loading time so that you don’t have to wait as long for the page to load.
Here are the keys you should learn. They all have functions related to users’ Toolbar Notifications.
- n: Open/Close the notifications menu (make sure you aren’t currently typing in a text box first).
- j and k (or up and down arrows): Navigate through your notifications
- r: Start replying to a comment notification.
- a: Approve/Unapprove a comment.
- s: Mark as Spam/Unspam a comment.
- t: Trash/Untrash a comment.
This is a great start for the popular blogging site. We can only hope that they will soon be adding more functions to their site to help users become even more efficient. Of course, some of the general shortcuts, especially text formatting ones like Ctrl+i (italics) or Ctrl+b (bold), work on a lot of blogging sites.
This announcement is especially good news for a lot of small business owners who maintain their blog themselves. Doing so can cut into your productivity elsewhere, so the less time you have to spend at the computer, the better.
Try out the above WordPress shortcuts next time you log into your blog to see how they save you time online, and then consider checking out other add-ons and free downloads that can help you become an even more productive WordPress blogger.